There is a lot of buzz about voice assistant now a days like Siri,Amazon echo and many others. Amazon echo is a speaker which acts as a voice assistant supporting bit of automation in terms of home,weather information,integrating it with IOT (Internet of Things) too.
Basically Amazon echo is available on Amazon to purchase and has many features like :-
- Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, Nest, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills–over 900 added since launch, including Domino’s and Uber
Great video explaining about Alexa your voice assistant and Amazon echo. Go and start using it.
There are various alternatives like Apple bringing in Apple TV to compete with Amazon echo.
Feel free for any comments or queries.